Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Zanzibari's, are you ready? Here I come!

I know, I know, it hasn't been a month since I last posted, but I'm going to again anyway!

Ever since I was a midwife student, one of the things I longed to do was to serve missionaries. I'm a missionary kid, and my parents had four children on the mission field. I was one of those children. So I know the desires of some missionaries to just stay put for the big happening. And I also know that some missionaries just don't have access to good care during labor and delivery. So, one of the goals I have had is to deliver babies for missionaries.

I have that chance this year. Bob and Rachael Gwassa, for whom I delivered their first baby on January 1, 2007, are now missionaries on the island of Zanzibar, off the east coast of Africa. They left to go there in December of 2007. Now they are expecting a second child, and we would all like it if I could be there again for this birth.


I will be leaving for Zanzibar on December 1 or 2 of this year, as Rachael's due date is December 12. I plan to be back home for Christmas!!


I will not be receiving a fee for this service, and I am asking for donations to cover the cost of supplies and the trip to Zanzibar. This will take approximately $2000. If you would like to help with this mission of love, you may send money to: Betsy Robinett, 509 S. Bell St., De Leon, TX 76444. If you would like for your gift to be tax-deductible, you may make your check out to Teach the Children International. If you would like more information, you may contact me at mrsnett@cctc.net.

No comments: