Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Hope I Look this Good Two Days from Now...

I'm off! Jackie and I will be leaving home to go to the airport in about 40 minutes. He and I will pick up Jan and Jim, and then we'll be on our way.

The trip will last two days. After the first 10-hour flight, one of those days will be a twelve-hour layover in Amsterdam, and we're hoping to see some of the city. It will be cold! And possibly rainy, with the high in the 40's.

After that we'll have another night-long flight with a five-hour layover in Nairobi, then a little hop to Zanzibar, where the weather is slightly different than in Amsterdam. At about five degrees south of the Equator, the island is heading into summer. It's very hot and humid.

I will miss you all, friends and family. If you're wondering if this means you, yes it does. I love you all, and will be excitedly waiting to share new experiences with all of you.

Pray for us -- Rachael, Bob, Jan, and me.

Jan and I will get to our destination on December 2. And we'll probably want a shower and a change of clothes.

No comments: