Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Eagle has Landed AND...

Hi everybody!

I got here (to Tyre, Lebanon) last night about 11 pm (3 pm Texas time).

Jason and Sarah picked me up at the airport in Beirut and we came the rest of the way by car.

They are awesome hosts! They had bottled water and fruit and homemade cookies waiting for me in the car. We talked all the way to Tyre and got to know each other a little bit.

Then they gave me the tour of the house, and it was after midnight before I actually wound down and went to sleep.

At 3:45 am, Sarah went into labor. (!!!!!) Wow.

Sarah graciously let Jason sleep until 6 am. And they let me sleep until 9.

Jason knocked on my door and said breakfast was ready, and someone was on the way.

I said, "You're kidding!" Then I got up and we listened to the baby's heartbeat for the first time. 128 beats per minute. They were thrilled, because they hadn't got to hear it before then. Their doctor didn't use a Doppler; she just did ultrasounds on the baby.

So Sarah's contractions are 4-5 minutes apart and lasting 40-60 seconds. Please pray. We are counting on all your prayers.

It's a lovely day in the Mediterranean. The sun is shining, and we had hummus for breakfast! It's a lovely day for a baby to be born.

Pray for love and joy and strength. Pray for rest for Sarah. She didn't get much last night.

No comments: