Sunday, March 8, 2009

Beautiful Little People



Faith Nelson! What an artisan! The details you put into your little people are fantastic! Thank you so much...




When I arrived back home from Lebanon, I had a bubble mailer waiting for me from Faith. I opened it excitedly.




Some weeks back, her family had a contest (http://youredoingwhat.blogspot.com/2008/12/and-winner-is.html) for putting captions on some funny family pictures. I thought one up, and actually won! Imagine that!




My prize for winning the contest was a free little person made by Faith. She asked me what I wanted my little person to look like. I really couldn't decide on who to ask her to make this little person look like. (Faith makes little clay people to look like real people. She makes a little person from a picture of someone.) So I asked her to decide what my little person would look like.




I never dreamed what she would do. I was so amazed with what she sent. And so was Jackie. He promptly took pictures. Here they are. Be amazed along with me.

I still can't believe you made a whole nativity set for me, Faith. It will be one of my favorite things to set up this coming Christmas, believe me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now, lest you not be amazed, following is another picture, with a dime placed in front of the figures so that you can see how tiny these people are, and what manual dexterity Faith must have to make them.

For those of you who like my set, you can get one very inexpensively from Faith. Here's her ordering site: http://www.panivinoranch/littleclaypeople.html.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just cancelled that website!! It was too expensive (both time and money) to maintain. But if anyone wants to order, they are $5 per figure plus shipping. She tries to minimize shipping and it is usually in the $3 or less range. You can email her at LittleClayPeopleByFaith@gmail.com to ask any questions or place an order.

She's done family sets, Bible scenes, and wedding cake toppers just to get you started thinking about what you might want.

Glad you like them Betsy!
Faith's proud mom,
Melissa

Jan Pack said...

Those are really amazing. Can't wait to see them in person.

Little Natural Cottage said...

These are beautiful!!