Monday, January 19, 2009

Getting Ready

Well, I have one bag packed. Yesterday I sorted through all the midwife stuff and packed my midwife stuff for the trip to Lebanon. It all fit in one bag, and weighed 43 lbs. I'm hoping that I can get by with one more 50-lb. bag and my backpack for a carry on.

I will have to take more with me on this trip than on the trip to Zanzibar, simply because Zanzibar is a tropical island south of the Equator, and they were beginning to be in Summer. The clothes I needed were light.

Now is the middle of the winter in Lebanon, and it's about as cold there as it is here in central Texas. But the houses are colder than they are here; they are made of concrete blocks. No central heating is available, so layering clothes is one key to keeping warm. I have been knitting wool socks for my trip. My feet tend to stay cold all the time.

Anyway, a lot of people have been asking me how I got this "job" in Lebanon. "God" is as simple an answer as I can give, but most people want more details. A midwife friend of mine was made aware of the need of this couple for a midwife in Lebanon, and she let me know about it. I knew immediately I was to go. I didn't have anyone else due at the time, and love to do this for people, so I contacted the couple via email, and the rest is history. We're all thrilled. And we're all praying hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't is good to know God will provide for your every need, whether you can anticipate it or not?

*smile*