Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Off Again

It's a bad thing when you have to look up your password to post a blog, because it's been sooo long since you posted! Maybe some of you have given up on me. I think I post so seldom because I think my life is not really all that different from yours most of the time. I don't have a huge need to let everyone know what is happening in our daily lives....

But this time it's big again. Jackie and I are off to Lebanon in two days! For me it's a return trip. I was there last year in February. For Jackie it's a first. And I'm so excited he's going with me!

We will be going for a repeat try of a home waterbirth with Jason and Sarah, who are expecting baby #2 sometime around the middle of May. I am very hopeful of a good birth for Sarah. I will try to keep you all updated as I can (it can be kind of iffy sometimes there with electricity/internet problems).

We will fly out from San Antonio on May 6, and arrive in Beirut on May 7, late. Jason will be there to pick us up and take us the rest of the way to Tyre. The trip will not be much longer than 24 hours, not bad for going that distance. We will stop over in Washington, DC and London on the way. We will be in Tyre through May 21 (as plans stand), then head back through London and detour through Ireland for 3 days on the way back. A mini-vacation. We should be back in Texas on May 25.

Please pray with us that all my midwifery tools/equipment get there fine, and that the birth will go well. And that the volcano in Iceland will behave itself.

I am so looking forward to seeing all my friends from Lebanon again! It's so far away from here, that I seldom get to see them, so this is a huge happiness for me.

I will try to post pictures from there, but you know...the electricity and internet....

No comments: