Saturday, May 8, 2010

Safe and Sound

We are in Lebanon! It's wonderful to see Sarah and Jason again, and to meet a much bigger Jude than I left last year! We got here this morning about 1 am, and I slept till 9:30 am and Jackie till 11:00. All our connections were smooth. The only delay was in London; we sat on the tarmac for a while, and the line of airplanes waiting to take off was long.

Sarah is not in labor, so that's good. Maybe she'll wait a little longer this time to go into labor. Last time, she only waited 4 hours after I got here to go into labor.

Haven't checked heart tones on the baby. But Sarah says the baby is moving fine! All my equipment came through okay, so that's a big praise. Except for a bedpan, which broke; no big deal. I had my Doppler in my carryon, and expected the security people to ask me about it, but nobody did! Crazy.

Jason and Jackie just went out to get vegetables for our lunch. We will go see some Lebanese friends this afternoon. I'm loving being here again.

Happy Mother's Day to the best mom ever! I love you, Mom!

No comments: