Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Spice

Well, Jan should be getting to DFW in about 2 hours. She's probably not looking forward to cold weather. She really enjoyed this hot island.

Today we really didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Wilberforce got milk and slept more than he had the previous 12-15 hours. I'm finding that his cord is not drying out as fast in this hot humid weather as I'm used to. But everything is damp here. I love it! My hair doesn't stick straight up in the morning when I get up! Everyone who has seen me as soon as I get up knows how funny I look. And my lips don't get chapped. I've used my chapstick once since I got here 9 days ago. My husband is saying to himself, "Wow!"

Today I just did laundry and helped around the house. I made sure Rachael rested. She's feeling much better today, but is still sleep deprived. So she's gone on to bed already at 9 pm.

Tomorrow Bob has made arrangements for us to take the Spice Tour (not Rachael). Many spices grow on Zanzibar, and I will see some of that. When we went to the north beach on Saturday I noticed a bunch of "something" drying on the road. When I asked Rachael what it was, she said it was cloves! Just out on sacks on the side of the road, drying. Hopefully I will bring some fresh spices home. After the tour, we will try to join a cooking class and then eat our cooking. I'll report later. Anyway, I know I will enjoy it. Bob is a wonderful host. Even with a new baby, and before that, a very pregnant wife, he has tried to make our stay enjoyable. And it has been. Thanks, Bob.

I'm coming home in three days. I am really ready to come home. It has been a nice visit, and I've enjoyed what I do immensely, and still am, but I miss Jackie and Natalie and Emily and Timothy. And all my friends. And I'm wondering how my client due in January is doing.

On to the next thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the spice tour sounds like something I'd enjoy!

It's cold here. I was telling someone at 10-something this morning that our "feels like" temperature was 18 degrees.